Sacred Heart Parish recognizes the need to bring our parish family together for spiritual and social occasions. This invitation covers all the ministries in the Church where we reach out and welcome people into our community. Under this heading there are short-term ministries such as: Lenten Soup Suppers, Advent Giving Tree, the Parich Picnic and special events.
- Members of the giving Tree Committee organize and help carry out the wonderful Sacred Heart tradition of providing Christmas gifts to our neighbors in need. Much of the work done by the committee takes only a few minutes immediately after weekend Masses, yet there are opportunities for those who wish to get even more involved in this joyous outreach project.
- On the fourth Sunday of each month, non-perishable food items and dontations are collected at each Mass for the Food Bank located at 3333 3rd Avenue in Oak Park. Emergency food packages are distributed daily to the needy Monday - Friday. Many volunteers are needed to package and distribute goods. Baby goods for the Mother-Baby Program are greatly appreciated.
- Coffee and donuts are served in the parish hall after the 9:30 AM Mass on Sundays. this activity provides an opportunity for fellowship, for sharing and caring, for making new friends in the parish, and for continuing the celebration of the Mass just attended.
- The Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization involved in social service activities. Members offer educational scholarships, youth programs and activities for seniors. They also have an extensive life insurance program for their membership. Membership is open to all Catholic men 19 years of age and olders. Meetings of Council 953 are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Knights Hall on Newman Court.
- On four Fridays in Lent there are parish soup suppers to raise money through donations for four community charities. Volunteers prepare and serve the meals. A representative of the charity of the week presents an overview of its purpose and bowls during the meals.
- The Parish Book Club meets every other month on the third Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall. This is a fun, informal group of readers, men and women, who choose a book to read in common. everyone in the group is welcome to suggest a book to read for the following meeting. A vote is taken by the group and a book is chosen. All are invited to join this informal group to explore and discuss the book.
- [Carolyn Granucci 457-7938] When a loved one dies, parishioners may request help in hosting a reception in the parish hall or in their homes after a funeral. A fund has been established to defray expenses. If you wish to donate money, you may drop an envelope marked "Attention: P.R.S." in the collection basket. you may also give a donation at the reception.
- [Robert Roth 456-6771] This is an organization of Ctholic lawyers, judges, and individuals who are involved in the legal community. the primary activities of the group are a monthly Mas and breakfast, sponsorship of the annuall Red Mass, and an annual retreat.
- A committee of dedicated people plans and organizes parish activities for special occasions at Sacred Heart. This committee is instrumental in building community in the parish by creating a loving and friendly environment for people who meet to celebrate each other's joys and blessings.