Fr. Aldrin 452-4136
- Lectors proclaim the Word of God from the Old and New Testament at Sunday and Holy Day Masses. They are scheduled to read once or twice a month as the need arises. Workshops and meetings are provided periodically to help the lectors gain a better understanding of the ministry. they are also asked to spend some time preparing and reflecting on the Sunday readings before they proclaim the Word of God.
- These ministers are privileged to assist wit hthe distribution of Holy Communion at parish Masses on weekends and during the week. They also distribute materials to be used during the Liturgy. Orientation, workshops, and evenings of recollection are provided to the ministers. Eucharistic ministers are given the opportunity to serve at least twice a month.
- The students from 5th grade and up are given the opportunity to serve Mass on Sundays and weekdays. The students are provided an orientation and training prior to serving.
- The Altar Society is open to all members of Sacred heart Parish who wish to care for the general environment of the Church. Dues are $5.00 per year. Meetings are held every other month except for June, July, and August.
- The Legion of Mary is involved in evangelical work and the daily recitation of the rosary. Members meet once each week to pray together. They also make bereavement visits and convalescent home visits.
- The Art and Environment Committee has the responsibility of creating and maintaining a church decor that is reflective of the Liturgical Seasons. Through artistic and creative design, the Committee strives to complement and enhance the work of the Altar Society in establishing an environment conductive to worship.
- The ushers serve as official hosts. Activities include greeting people, taking up the collection and being sensitive and responsive to the needs of others. This ministry is open to both men and women.
- [Dr. Donald Kendrick 278-6805] The Sacred Heart Church Choir, "Scola Cantorum" sings at the 11:00 AM Mass every Sunday. They also provide music for special liturgies during Advent, christmas, Lent, and Easter. Music is alsp orovided at the 9:30 AM Mass on Sundays by the men's choir, "Vox Nova" and at the 5:30 PM Mass on Saturday evenings. The Bell Choir is open to school age children and performs at selected masses and events. If you are interested in joining the choirs, please contact the appropriate director.
- The elderly and the homebound members of our parish deserve our love and attention during this difficult time of their lives. A group of dedicated people visit these people once each week, spend time listening to them, praying with them and bringing them the Eucharist.
- Eucharistic Adoration is offered on the First Friday of the month after the 8:00 AM Mass until 12:00 noon when Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament is given, followed by noon Mass. Opportunitiees are given to sign up for adoartion for one haf or one hour, as your time permits. If you wish to participate in this devotion, please contact the chairperson or just come and spend some time with our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.